September 1 marked 3 months here. I made it! But it has totally flown by.. here are a few things I’ve learned…
1. Life in the fall here revolves entirely around football. What else could there be to do on a Friday night?
2. Being a big kid really just means paying for things yourself and having to solve problems on your own. BOOOO.
3. High school kids have no clear thought process for how old someone is. I’ve been called 26.
4. A sweet student let me know that I was here to “find my mate.”
5. I had wonderful parents that prepared me perfectly for being on my own.
6. I MISS UNION! It was a great place for me, and I’m more thankful for it now.
7. The Gospel is the bottom line. Nothing else matters. Learning how to be faithful to that in whatever context I find myself is the most important thing.
8. Birmingham is a bubble. and such a unique bubble. Southern people are different.
9. Getting up every morning for a full-time job is HARD.
10. My body still thinks I’m on a collegiate sleeping schedule.
11. Discipline never gets easier.
And i’m ending on an awkward number.